Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My New Sofa

I have been in search of a new sofa for a few months now, scouring antique stores to furniture stores to consignment to overstock warehouses to fancy-pants-furniture showrooms.  And here it is...
My favorite purchase yet!  I bought it from Bassett Furniture which was very reasonable considering a kiln-dried frame and 8-way hand-tied springs were a must.  I chose the semi-custom sofa which means you pick from about 4 options in each category (size, arm style, cushion style, footed vs. skirted, and the fabric).  The ones I selected were:
  •  84"
  • Charles of London Arm
  • Knife edge loose back with 2 cushions
  • High Kick Pleat Skirt
  • Fabric: #1294 which is very light/neutral with a gray undertone
It should be here in about 4 weeks!

More photos of inspiration...

via


via


via



via

via

via

No comments: